10 things I learned after a day at a music festival

1) Having an 11-band festival gives you 11 chances to NOT wear the shirt of the band playing. No matter what, you still don’t want to be that guy. Just ask Droz.

2) …On the other hand, dressing up like the lead singer of one of the bands gives you double bonus points. Wearing full-on costumes in the summer heat to prove just how big a fan you are is always appreciated. Please collect your prize at the door.

3) While standing in the sweltering heat, it’s really annoying to see everyone waving their free fans…until you are given one yourself. Then it’s breezy city.

4) Diversity is a key fact at one of these shows. Everyone from punk rockers to fan girls will come to a show if the hardcore alternative rock is played on mainstream radio for all to enjoy.

5) Condom balloons are just plain fun.

6) It doesn’t get much more awesome than watching two little girls, sitting right next to each other, video taping the whole show with handheld camcorders. Hold your head high, little law breakers.

7) Once, guaranteed, you will see a girl flash the band. Even though she clearly has no self-respect, it is still impolite to stare and point. Come on, your mom raised you better.

8) Hacky sack: anytime, anywhere, anyone!

9) The concert food industry always will find someway to screw you. Even if it comes down to the fact that they will allow for re-admission up until the headliner bands start playing, just when you’re finally dying for a soda. Looks like you’ll be going to their food court and paying $3 instead of buying a $1 drink located conveniently right outside of the gate.

10) The music is only half the experience of any of these shows. Keep your eyes open, and stories will come right to you. Like, standing in line to meet one of the bands and hearing angry goth girls behind you complain about guys, and the guys in front of you brag about their sexcapades. Pure gold.