University Union

Indie-rock band Walk the Moon, tropical-grit-pop group Ghost Beach to play at semester’s second Bandersnatch Music Series concert

Walk the Moon will headline the second University Union Bandersnatch Music Series concert of the semester on Wednesday, Dec. 5.

The Cincinnati indie-rock band will perform in Schine Underground at 8 p.m. and doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Tropical-grit-pop band Ghost Beach will open the show.

Tickets go on sale Monday, Oct. 29 at 11 a.m. at the Schine Student Center Box Office. Tickets are available for Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students for $5 with a limit of two per customer. A valid ID is necessary to purchase tickets.

Walk the Moon released its self-titled debut album in June and the band’s hit single, “Anna Sun,” peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Modern Rock charts. The group, known for its members painting their faces before live shows, has also appeared at Lollapalooza in 2011 and on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”

Ghost Beach, who released a debut EP in January, has garnered social media attention since 2011. The New York City band played at last week’s CMJ Music Marathon Festival and cites Daft Punk, The Police and Depeche Mode as influences.