Hurricane Sandy

Syracuse community events canceled due to hurricane

List of cancellations in the Syracuse community caused by Hurricane Sandy:

E.S. Bird Library

Bird Library closed at 1:30 p.m. The library will begin functioning normally Wednesday morning, unless further cancelations occur.

Syracuse City School District

All after school activities have been canceled for Syracuse public schools. Athletics, Say Yes to Education and Parent University classes are included in canceled activities.

Student Association

SU’s weekly Student Association meeting has been canceled for tonight. The next meeting will take place at it’s regular time next Monday, Nov. 5.

Campaign for Syracuse University celebration

The Campaign for Syracuse, an fundraising initiative of Chancellor Nancy Cantor, was originally scheduled to host two V.I.P. Celebration events this Friday. The volunteer leadership summit, scheduled for 2:30 p.m. at Hendricks Chapel, and the cocktail reception, scheduled for 4 p.m. at Goldstein Auditorium, have both been canceled.

LIME discussion

LIME: An Israeli-Palestinian Dialogue Group has canceled their discussion about the regional consequences of a nuclear Iran, originally scheduled for Monday at 8:45 in the Hall of Languages, Room 102.

Syracuse Planning Commission meeting

The second October meeting for the Syracuse Planning Commission has been postponed to next Monday, Nov. 5.

Visiting Artist Lecture Series

The College of Visual and Performing Arts has cancelled Tuesday night’s Visiting Artist Lecture Series class.

Art Open House for freshmen

VPA’s Art Open House, originally scheduled for Monday evening, has been rescheduled for next Monday, Nov. 5, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

All essential services on campus, including dining centers, Schine and Goldstein Student Center dining centers, health services and public safety will remain open, according to a SU emergency notice