Crime

Man robs 3 students at knifepoint early Saturday morning

Three Syracuse University students were robbed at knifepoint early Saturday morning outside the Brewster/Boland/Brockway Complex.

The students reported they were outside of the residence hall’s patio area, located at 401 Van Buren St., at about 2 a.m. when an unknown man approached them, according to a Department of Public Safety notice sent to all students.

The suspect then displayed a knife and demanded their property, which included money, a debit card, an SUID and a cell phone. The students were not injured and the suspect fled away from campus, according to the notice.

The students described the suspect as male, black, 5 feet 6 inches tall, medium build, 18 to 22 years of age and wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with writing on the back and left front, according to the notice.

Anyone with knowledge of this incident is encouraged to contact DPS or the Syracuse Police Department.

• Bostonway

With Cantor’s main mission being black community out-reach and giving minority HS kids with weak admission credentials free rides to SU (vs focusing on SU and making it a better university), I would have thought this crime and the like just would not happen!

• http://www.facebook.com/michael.miles.79677471 Michael Miles

B/B was not.safe when I lived there 20 years ago and will never change.

• John Q

BBB also has the problem in that its lower patio connected from the street via the back stairs that connect to the complex’s patio. That patio either needs to be sealed off or have a camera of its own. The backstairs are in terrible shape, with rust eating away at some parts of the concrete and metal. Given its state, the university might as well just seal off that area so that there’s only 2 entrances to the patio area: either through the buildings or the upper level patio

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »