Marshall Street

Chipotle Mexican Grill on Marshall Street closed for maintenance after water pipe bursts

Dylan Segelbaum | Asst. Copy Editor

A water pipe burst at Tony Christopher Hair Design on Marshall Street Wednesday night caused water to seep into Chipotle Mexican Grill below it. Chipotle was closed Thursday afternoon, with a "Don't Panic" sign on its entrance.

Chipotle Mexican Grill has been closed until further notice after a water pipe burst late Wednesday night. But the building manager said there is no damage and he expects the restaurant to re-open shortly.

The general manager of Chipotle, who declined to give his name, said the restaurant is closed for maintenance and didn’t comment further. A sign posted on the door of the restaurant, located at 129 Marshall St., said, “Don’t Panic: Due to an equipment issue, we are unable to open at this time. Order should be restored to the universe in the very near future.”

Zero degree temperatures Wednesday night caused a water pipe at Tony Christopher Hair Design, located above Chipotle, to break — seeping water into the restaurant.

Building Owner Charlie Hatem also runs King David’s Restaurant inside the building and said there was no damage to his restaurant.

Tony Christopher, owner of the hair salon, said he was not notified of the pipe break and found out when he came into work this morning. He said there was some damage to the bathroom ceiling and that the store is currently in the process of installing a new heating system to prevent future pipe bursts.

Top Stories

Football

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

Football

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »