Chipotle Mexican Grill re-opens after water pipe bursts

Less than 24 hours after a water pipe burst in the store above it, Chipotle Mexican Grill is back open.

A manager for the restaurant, located at 129 Marshall St., said Chipotle re-opened at about 4 p.m. Thursday. He declined to provide any more details, citing corporate policy, just stating there were some “issues” the restaurant needed to address.

Temperatures near zero degrees caused a pipe at Tony Christopher Hair Design to burst at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

A sign on Chipotle’s door earlier Thursday said, “Don’t Panic: Due to an equipment issue, we are unable to open at this time. Order should be restored to the universe in the very near future.”

Charlie Hatem, who owns King David’s Restaurant and the building Tony Christopher Hair Design and Chipotle are located in, said early Thursday there wasn’t any damage and he expected the store to re-open quickly.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »