Men's Lacrosse

Mike Daniello out for 2013 season

Mike Daniello will miss the 2013 lacrosse season for Syracuse as he recovers from a fractured skull.

SU men’s lacrosse sports information director Mike Morrison said Daniello is taking “a medical leave of absence” from Syracuse University. Morrison said Daniello was granted leave last week, and confirmed that he will not play this season. He was removed from the team’s roster last week as well, Morrison said.

“He’s taking the medical leave due to injuries unrelated to lacrosse,” Morrison said.

Daniello was listed on the official roster distributed at the team’s media day Jan. 8. At the time Daniello’s prospects for the season remained “uncertain,” according to Morrison.

Head coach John Desko said he was home recovering in Cross River, N.Y, from the injuries he incurred over SU’s winter break, around Christmas.

The sophomore attack is the younger brother of former star Orange attack Chris Daniello, who played for SU from 2007-2010. The younger brother transferred from Johns Hopkins after last season, in which he played just eight games and scored one goal.

Top Stories

News

Posse program changes disappoint, empower current SU scholars

The university announced about a month ago that SU would now only provide scholarships for future Posse scholars from Miami and would stop scholars from Atlanta and Los Angeles. But following a protest of the decision on Sept. 19, administrators announced they were rethinking the changes and on Monday decided to continue the Atlanta Posse for one more year. Although the changes will not affect current Posse scholars, the uncertainty surrounding the program has strengthened the Posse community on campus. Read more »