Pulp

APPreciation: Zumobi’s Ski & Snow Report

With Nemo come and gone, the snow is here to stay. For skiers and snowboarders, knowing where and when to hit the slopes is a must. Zumobi’s Ski & Snow Report application is perfect for snow junkies, as it not only displays different slopes, but it also updates users on snowfall details.

Zumobi’s app doesn’t just stop at listing different snowfalls and mapping out trails – they are very descriptive with those features. The app shows how much new snow is on each particular slope at a particular resort. In addition to that, the app describes the snowfall at both the base and top of the mountain.

By clicking on a specific resort, more detailed information will show up. The app also has a weather component, showing conditions, winds and the weekly forecast.

This app isn’t self-contained, however. Ski & Snow Report allows users to post information about what particular ski slope they plan on going down through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Users can also send in more detailed information by email.

Users can follow particular resorts and slopes’ Twitter feeds through the app. That way, they can get up-to-date information through social media as well as the app. Plus, they can get push notifications about the slopes they want to follow.

The app is available for iOS users as well as Android users, and is free.