Pulp

University Union partners with Office of Institutional Research and Assessment for Juice Jam Survey

University Union’s 2013 Juice Jam survey will be distributed today through Syracuse University’s Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.

The survey, composed by UU and OIRA collaboratively, will be emailed to a representative sample of 3,000 SU and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students. The transition to OIRA is in compliance with Student Association legislation. Previous surveys were distributed through SurveyMonkey.

The mandate for UU to collaborate with OIRA comes from the SA Disbursement of Surplus Funds bill passed in 2011.

The SA legislation stated that UU’s teaming with OIRA during the surveying process would ensure “that a broader base and more representative sample of the student body is surveyed.”

Trimmed down from previous years, the survey includes a more interactive system. To connect with the rest of the student body, UU is organizing social media opportunities for students to voice their opinions.

On Tuesday, May 28, UU concert director Kelly Benini will field questions on UU’s Twitter feed from 8:30 to 10 p.m. Students can ask questions by using the hashtag #AskUU.