Pulp

8 SU alums nominated for 2013 Tony Awards

Sunday evening, members of the Syracuse University family might just start a “Let’s go Orange!” chant while watching the 67th Annual Tony Awards live at Radio City Music Hall. The following eight SU alumni are nominated for Tony awards for their work on various Broadway shows this past year:

• The Araca Group is a live entertainment production company based in New York City and founded in 1997 by three men, two of whom graduated from SU’s class of 1990: Mike Rego and Hank Unger. The company produced “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella,” which earned nine Tony nominations, and “The Testament of Mary,” which received three nominations.

• Myla Lerner, class of 1973, produced “Pippin.’” The show is nominated for Best Revival of a Musical and nine other Tonys.

• Producer of “Lucky Boy” (six nominations) and the revival of “Annie” (one nomination), Stacey Mindich graduated in 1986.

• Graduating from SU’s architectural program in 1979, scenic designer David Rockwell is nominated for his work on “Kinky Boots” and “Lucky Guy.”

• “Kinky Boots” is this year’s frontrunner in the list of Tony Award nominees, with 13 to its title. The show is produced by Daryl Roth, who graduated from SU in 1966. Roth also produced “Lucky Guy” (six nominations), “The Testament of Mary” and “Annie.”

• Arielle Tepper Madover, who graduated just less than a decade ago in 1994, produced “Lucky Guy” and “Annie.” She began producing Broadway shows in 1998.

• Van Dean is the youngest of this year’s SU family of Tony nominees, graduating in 1996. He is a member of Venetian Glass Productions, which produced “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella.”