Johnson to miss Pittsburgh game after suffering concussion against Florida State

Syracuse defensive lineman Isaiah Johnson suffered a concussion in the first quarter against Florida State and will not play this Saturday against Pittsburgh.

Johnson told The Daily Orange Thursday night that he didn’t practice all week. He’s not sure whether he’ll play against Boston College in the regular season finale.

The injury came at the end of the first quarter when Johnson sacked FSU quarterback Jameis Winston for a loss of 5 yards.

“After that, it just went blank,” Johnson said. “They said I celebrated, played another play after that, but I don’t remember. ”

When asked whether he passed out or if it was all a blur, Johnson said “pretty much between the both of those.”

Johnson, a freshman from New Castle, Del., has appeared in nine of Syracuse’s 10 games. His interception helped the Orange defeat Wake Forest 13-0 on Nov. 2.

“I’m getting better,” Johnson said. “I wouldn’t say I’m totally fine.”

Posse program changes disappoint, empower current SU scholars

The university announced about a month ago that SU would now only provide scholarships for future Posse scholars from Miami and would stop scholars from Atlanta and Los Angeles. But following a protest of the decision on Sept. 19, administrators announced they were rethinking the changes and on Monday decided to continue the Atlanta Posse for one more year. Although the changes will not affect current Posse scholars, the uncertainty surrounding the program has strengthened the Posse community on campus. Read more »