Wardrobe Wednesday: Laura Anderson

Ousman Diallo | Staff Photographer

Laura Anderson, a junior magazine and English and textual studies major, portrays feminine confidence through her clothing. Her green pictured tank top is from Free People.

Laura Anderson, a junior magazine and English and textual studies major, keeps up with fashion trends through magazines, looking for street fashion, high fashion and celebrity fashion styles. However, she does not fully rely on conforming to what fashion editors claim to be “hot.”

Anderson believes the key to fashion, above anything else, is that people should dress in a way that expresses who they are. “I don’t believe in ‘dressing to impress.’ I believe in dressing for yourself,” Anderson said.

Anderson is very feminine and takes pride in dressing in clothes she considers very womanly. She dresses brightly no matter what the season, and accessorizes as often as possible, wearing clothes that fit her body. Her favorite items of clothing include crop tops, skinny jeans and maxi-skirts. Anderson wears lipstick every day.

“Everything about your outfit can be average, but if your lips look good, you’re going to have a good day,” Anderson said.

As well as dressing in a very girly way, Anderson incorporates preppy and bohemian accents into her style. She loves Urban Outfitters and Free People and also enjoys exploring small boutiques.

Anderson stresses the importance of women embracing and flaunting their bodies, especially when they dress themselves. Anderson is a sex writer for Her Campus, and has had her own sex blog for three years. During the years, she has begun to realize the importance of having self-confidence and a positive body image.

Said Anderson: “You will never see me in plaid shirts. Whenever I see girls in baggy, lumberjack shirts, I want to tell them ‘embrace your sexuality!’”