Wardrobe Wednesday: Talya Sever

Ousman Diallo | Staff Photographer

Talya Sever wears a Master GMT II Rolex watch paired with Chanel boots to show off her street style.

Talya Sever, an undeclared freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences, has a sharp eye for style. Scouring fashion blogs and Vogue for inspiration, Sever has her spring wardrobe set and ready to put on display.

Wearing a J.Crew T-shirt, Victoria’s Secret leggings and a Part Two coat paired with Chanel combat boots and a Chanel cross-body bag, Sever believes it’s chic for women to be able to pull off glamorous street style looks.

“I always find myself looking through Vogue’s street style archives from past New York Fashion Weeks,” Sever said. “Many of the women are wearing pieces you’d never think to pair together, but they make magic. I aim to dress like these women, expressing myself through quirky clothes and high-end accessories.”

As an international student from Turkey, Sever has traveled many places and experienced various cultures. She’s picked up a lot of her knowledge of fashion from the places she’s traveled, like Belgium and France, and she tries to implement those unique elements in her everyday style.

“Traveling gives me a lot of new outlooks. What’s fashionable in one place may not be common somewhere else,” Sever said. “People are more laid back in the U.S., so I bring a different look to the table.”

Sever is pictured wearing a Master GMT II Rolex watch. While shopping, she opts for plain, traditional clothes. When it comes to accessories and footwear, Sever prefers luxurious items, since she gets the most use out of them.

Sever isn’t only inspired by the women and models she sees flipping through Vogue or perusing the magazine’s online archives. She also finds a lot of style ideas and inspiration from fashion icon Olivia Palermo.

“She’s always so put-together and her looks are sophisticated,” Sever said of Palermo. “She sits front row at all the shows and you can tell she takes mental notes of every look. It really shows.”

No matter the season, Sever stays focused on the latest looks and trends. She lives for Vogue and loves to keep tabs on her favorite style icons. Her style is influenced by several elements, and she strives to keep her look well-rounded.