Wardrobe Wednesday: Amina Isa

Ousman Diallo | Staff Photographer

Amina Isa, a sophomore public relations major, was intrigued by style trends at the Coachella music festival, and plans to have a hipster look for the summer.

Amina Isa loves a polished, hipster-inspired style for spring and summer. An avid Topshop shopper, the sophomore public relations major loves how she can buy one or two small items, but knows she’ll wear them tirelessly.

“The whole Topshop shopping experience is just so exciting; the styles and diversity of products the store has to offer are immense,” Isa said. “There’s always so much to look at and try on. I’ve been a Topshop fanatic for years.”

Growing up in Nigeria and moving back and forth to Los Angeles, Isa’s style reflects her background. Isa said that in Nigeria, fashion sense speaks volumes about a person, and people have found ways to incorporate traditional attire in their everyday outfits.

“Fashion has always been an integral part of the Nigerian culture and I love mixing and matching with textiles and shapes to achieve different looks,” Isa said.

Wearing a Topshop top, an American Apparel sweater, Urban Outfitters jeans, a Tiffany & Co. necklace, a Hermès bracelet, a Chanel watch and Steve Madden shoes, Isa gathers ideas for wardrobe inspiration from social media and those around her.

“Right now, I’m loving the sporty, hipster vibe,” Isa said. “This year’s Coachella was more intriguing to me for the fashion, rather than the music. While this whole trend may just be a fad, I see myself incorporating ripped jeans and leather jackets into many of my outfits for the summer.”

Isa is looking forward to sporting a polished, yet still hipster style this summer. She’s been swooning over Zara’s summer catalogue for some time now, and is already planning sharp, stylish outfits for everyday looks.

“Incorporating structured pants with a crop top and some chic 2-inch chunky-heeled sandals pretty much sums up a standard outfit for me,” Isa said. “As far as staple items, one can never have too many crop tops and slouchy sweaters. High-waisted pants, shorts and skirts are a must, too.”

Isa follows fashion closely and gives every trend a chance. She’s ready to take on the warmer weather with her Zara and Topshop staples, and some of her favorite American Apparel swimwear.