Here’s what happened this week: Hanna Strong video, Oprah tickets, Juice Jam

Here’s a round-up of the top articles published in The Daily Orange this week:

NEWS

Hanna Strong video

Hanna Strong, a senior on the women’s soccer team, was videotaped calling someone a “f*ggot-a** n*gger” in a video posted online on Saturday. Strong was suspended indefinitely by Coach Phil Wheddon. She issued a written apology on Tuesday night. Click here.

Party busts

Students around campus have complained that the Department of Public Safety has been spending more time cracking down on parties this semester than in the past. However, statistics show that isn’t the case and this year has been similar to other years in the number of busts. Click here.

Oprah tickets 

Tickets to see Oprah Winfrey on Sept. 29 as part of the dedication ceremony of the Newhouse Studio and Innovation Center became available on Wednesday and were gone in 13 minutes. The remaining tickets will be given to Newhouse students in a lottery system. Click here.

SPORTS

On pitch

Syracuse women’s soccer coach Phil Wheddon infuses music into his soccer routine to create a loose environment and high level of team chemistry. Click here.

Ride on

SU field hockey coach Ange Bradley doesn’t talk about her hard past with her players, but she uses it to bring them closer together. Click here.

Fourth times the charm

Former national championship coach leads a team that started four years ago and is primed to reach its peak in 2014. Click here.

FEATURES

Juice Jam

In the second year of Juice Jam’s festival format, seven artists were featured on indie and main stages. MisterWives, Broods and Ace Hood performed on the indie stage and Tinashe, 3LAU, Schoolboy Q and headliner Dillon Francis performed on the main stage. Click here.

Joan Rivers

Local barber Tony Christopher was personally affected by the death of actress and comedian Joan Rivers this past week. Christopher, who once cut Rivers’ hair while she was visiting Syracuse, fondly remembers the brief moment he shared with the comic legend. Click here.

Well Dressed Movement

Syracuse students create the Well Dressed Movement to empower men of color and combat negative stereotypes. Every Wednesday, the members of the movement dress up in business casual clothes to present a professional image. Click here.