Boeheim doesn’t comment on NCAA hearing report

Sam Maller | Staff Photographer

Jim Boeheim was not interested in responding to a report that Syracuse officials had been invited to an NCAA hearing when he was about the matter at SU basketball media day on Friday.

Syracuse.com reported Friday that Syracuse officials have been invited to an NCAA hearing at the end of the month — as part of multi-year investigation into the SU athletic department — and SU head coach Jim Boeheim would not comment on the report at basketball media day on Friday afternoon.

“This is strictly going to be, this will be the last time I answer this question,” Boeheim said. “We’re going to talk about basketball, that’s all we’ve ever talked about. We don’t talk about anything that happens, or has happened with the NCAA.”

The hearing indicates that the investigation has concluded, according to the report, and that whether Syracuse will be punished or not will be decided at that time.

The Syracuse.com report cited the academic record of former Syracuse center Fab Melo, the academic record of former Syracuse forward James Southerland, a self-reported possible violation of school drug policy in 2012 and an alleged sexual assault that involved three former players in 2007 as what could be part of the mutli-year investigation.