Nominees for 2014 Homecoming Court show Syracuse pride

Frankie Prijatel | Asst. photo editor

100914_P_Homecoming Emily_FrankiePrijatel_APE

Orange County to Orange Nation

Emily Ballard says going to Syracuse University has made her grow as a person. During her time at SU, Ballard said she has become more outgoing and passionate about issues such as education. “SU gives the opportunity to really make the changes you want to see,” she said. Ballard describes herself as a huge nerd and says people can find her on the Quad playing Humans vs. Zombies or wearing a Star Wars T-shirt.

100914_P_Homecoming Jen_FrankiePrijatel_APE

Take chances, go SU

Jen Bundy has deep roots at SU, since her family is from the Syracuse area. Bundy has always looked up to people who have been part of the Homecoming Court. At SU, she has been involved in organizations such as The Kumquat and Syracuse University Outing Club and is also a staff writer for The Daily Orange. “I think that’s a good representation of just how many opportunities Syracuse has to offer and someone who’s really taking advantage of that,” she said.

100914_P_Homecoming Kevin_FrankiePrijatel_APE

It’s not easy to live your dream

As a resident adviser, member of the recruitment committees for his social and business fraternities and a Newhouse peer adviser, Kevin Claffey has been committed to providing opportunities and advice to other students for four years. School spirit is Claffey’s favorite thing about SU. “People come from all over the world, all over the country, a million different backgrounds, and we all still come together for so many different things across campus,” he said.

100914_P_Homecoming Carly_FrankiePrijatel_APE

Adventure is out there

Like her brothers, Carly Cott almost went to school for musical theater, but instead decided to major in photojournalism. After moving five times in the past three years, Cott has made SU her home. “This had been the most consistent place in my life for the past three years,” she said. Cott said she has been blessed with incredible role models at SU and as Homecoming queen, she wants to be a role model for underclassmen.

100914_P_Homecoming Jack_FrankiePrijatel_APE

One tasty orange

Jack Kaczmarczyk loves to talk about Syracuse University. As a tour guide and Orientation Leader, he said he gets the opportunity to let everyone know how great a place SU is. What Kaczmarczyk loves most about SU is its school spirit. Out of everyone he has talked to, whether they’re a student, teacher or alumnus, he said he has never met anyone who didn’t like SU.

100914_P_Homecoming Regina_FrankiePrijatel_APE

50% spirit, 50% class

As a member of the Traditions Commission, Regina King has been involved in Homecoming events since her freshman year. “Traditions, to me, are something that unite generations of Syracuse, and a tradition like the Homecoming Court unites so many different people under one banner,” she said. King also said she loves how the campus makes people feel like they belong at SU, and how everyone is part of “a big Orange family.”

100914_P_Homecoming Andy_FrankiePrijatel_APE

#OrangeNation forever

Andy Pregler won’t have trouble showcasing his school spirit, as most of his wardrobe consists of Orange gear. It was the feeling of community at SU that captivated Pregler four years ago and still continues to captivate him today. “I’m just excited that in this role and in this position with Homecoming, I’m going to be able to help do my part in growing that community,” he said. No matter what happens in the competition, Pregler is committed to being the most passionate supporter of Syracuse’s student life.

100914_P_Homecoming Ivan_FrankiePrijatel_APE

Go hard and go Orange

Ivan Robles is from California, but says SU still feels like home. Robles always represents Syracuse back home, whether it’s wearing a T-shirt or bragging to his friends about the basketball team. Robles said he feels like he can relate to anyone on campus because he considers himself a typical student.” He is an avid sports fan and goes out with his friends, but is still dedicated to his academics and knows what it feels like to study for hours.100914_P_Homecoming Rachel_FrankiePrijatel_APE

Two parts Orange, one part glitter

Rachel Wolsky described the Homecoming Court as the “most spirited of the spirited.” As Homecoming queen, she would aim to help every single SU student have the best experience because, to her, SU is the best place she’s ever been. “We’re one big Orange family,” Wolsky said about what she loves most about the school.

100914_P_Homecoming Ricky_FrankiePrijatel_APE

My anaconda would (vote)

Ricky Zaffuto has spent his time at SU trying to improve students’ experiences. As a member of Orange Seeds, an Orientation Leader and a resident adviser for two years, Zaffuto said his favorite thing about the SU community is its passion. He shows that passion as a fan of SU athletics, making it a goal to attend a game of every single men’s and women’s team this year.