Women's basketball

Hillsman announces Syracuse’s 4 signees in recruiting Class of 2015

Syracuse has signed four high school seniors to national letters of intent, head coach Quentin Hillsman announced via an SU Athletics press release Monday afternoon.

The incoming class for the 2015-16 season includes forward Julia Chandler, guard Davida Dale, guard Abby Grant and forward Jade Phillips. The class has been ranked No. 21 nationally by the Dan Olson Collegiate Girls Basketball Report and includes three players in the espnW HoopGurlz 100 Rankings.

“I think going into this class, we knew that we had to add depth to every position,” Hillsman said in the release. “I feel that we did a really god job of getting four players that are different. We just did everything we could to make sure we got a lot of balance on this signing class. Having the No. 21 class in the country proves that we got good players and depth at every spot.”

The class is highlighted by Chandler, who ranks No. 80 in the espnW HoopGurlz 100 Rankings. The 6-foot-2 forward from Northern Secondary School in Toronto, Canada is a four-star recruit, according to espnW HoopGurlz.

Phillips is a 6-foot-1 wing from Southeast Raleigh High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. Phillips is ranked as the 83rd-best prospect in the Class of 2015 by espnW HoopGurlz and has a scout grade of 94.

Dale is a 5-foot-9 guard from St. Andrew’s High School in Providence, Rhode Island. According to espnW HoopGurlz, she is a four-star recruit and the 85th-ranked player in the Class of 2015.

Rounding out the class is Grant, a 5-foot-9 point guard from Saint Francis High School in Suwanee, Georgia and is the best shooter in the class, Hillsman said. She is ranked a three-star recruit by espnW HoopGurlz.