Ducks

Duck: Shawna Rabbas

Asst. News Copy Editor | Spring 2014 - Fall 2014

Tony Chao | Art Director

To be honest, I’m still not quite sure how I ended up here. Jumping into The Daily Orange last semester was something I never really planned on, but it’s easily one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. After two crazy semesters, I’m so glad to have worked alongside some of the most sleep-deprived, funny, passionate and talented people that I’ve ever met.

Jess: Hey, remember that time you trained me to be copy editor? Well, you did something right. You’re a great journalist and a great leader and, somehow, I’ve found that most conversations involve New Jersey or the Boss.

Justin: God Bless America. I’ll miss hearing all of your exclamations, the sillier the better. You’re a hard worker with a lot of talent and slightly corrupted now that you’ve been through News. Lesson learned: If you find a dead body, consider first calling The D.O. News Editor before the police. Maybe one day I can find it in my heart to forgive you for not knowing who Dumbledore is. Maybe.

Anna: I never thought that having a guy jump off of a moving ice cream truck to then hit on you would be such a bonding experience, but, boy, was it ever. It’s been nice having a little bit more blonde in the News room.

Brett: I’m pretty sure you were born to be News Editor. You’re the glue that holds News together, and I’m so, so glad that I got to work with you two semesters in a row. I’ll miss those late-night Brett Roulettes and look forward to some pretty pun-filled newsfronts.

Mara: You’ve got my vote for “Most Stylish” by far. You’re super sweet, super talented and you’re going to be an amazing PD.

Chloe: You are literally one of the happiest people I have ever met. Even on long nights, you were always there with a cute corgi pic or your, dare I say brilliant, Disney princess Snapchat-art series.

Jackie: Pulp’s improved leaps and bounds with you at the helm. You’ve got fabulous hair and you’re an excellent gossip partner at D.O. parties.

Clare: For someone so small, you’ve got the loudest, most infectious laugh I’ve ever heard. I’ll miss hearing it carry all the way up to News so late at night.

Nick: You’re my musical soul mate, if there is such a thing. And, don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten my pinky promise.

Audrey: You’re the queen of copy. I’d consider myself lucky if I knew half of what you do.

Jesse: After first meeting you in NEW 205 (shout out to B. Moritz), it’s been great working with you in-house. You’ve been straight fire as sports editor and I’m positive you’ll be getting up to some pretty amazing things after you leave this place. As for the rest of Sports, you guys bring life into the house. Not only that, you guys do an insane amount of work and you do it well.

Photo: You guys killed it this semester. Keep it up.

Annie: Thanks for letting me into this crazy place. You’ve got awesome style and a killer taste in music, plus you understand what it’s like to live so close to Amish country.

Casey: You were the first EIC I worked under and you’re one of the most talented people in this place. We all know those people from The D.O’s past that are still talked about today; I’m absolutely positive that you’ve moved into their ranks and a few years from now some newbies will be hearing stories about Casey Fabris.

Meredith & Lara: So many things have happened with the paper this semester, some more difficult than others, but you two have rolled with every single punch. You’re the two most driven, energetic and passionate people here — which has made you the perfect team to run this ship. I have so much respect for you guys and I know you are only going to improve from here on out.