Crime

SU alumna reports physical harassment between Newhouse I, Newhouse II

A Syracuse University alumna reported an on-campus physical harassment that took place between Newhouse I and Newhouse II Friday night, according to a Department of Public Safety notice.

The victim said that she traveled to SU to meet a man for a job interview with a local law firm, and that the male arranged to meet her in the passageway between Newhouse I and II. She reported that upon arrival, the man motioned for her to come to him and he told her to go into a room for the interview, according to DPS.

The SU alumna said that she got an uneasy feeling and asked if the two parties could conduct the interview in the hallway. She reported that after asking the question, the man punched her twice in the face causing her to fall and causing a cut on her lip, according to DPS.

The victim fled to an area inside Newhouse I and notified people in the building. The suspect fled in the opposite direction out of Newhouse II, according to DPS. There are currently no witnesses to the incident, which occurred around 6:10 p.m.

The suspect is a man who is in his forties and was wearing blue jeans with a white button down shirt, a black puffy jacket and dark glasses, according to DPS.

This is the eighth DPS notice of the semester and the first one involving harassment.