Orange Bachelorette

Orange Bachelorette: Ashley Iaconetti gets upset when she isn’t chosen for individual, group dates

In a reality show based upon the theme of survival of the fittest, the women are constantly in a fierce battle for the attention of Chris Soules on “The Bachelor.”

Unfortunately for Syracuse University alumna Ashley Iaconetti, she was not chosen for either the group date or individual dates this week.

As other contestants spent time cooking a romantic meal, crashing a wedding and proving their corn shucking talents with Soules, Iaconetti spent the week alone at the mansion.

Her week only became more stressful after it was announced the traditional cocktail hour would be replaced with a pool party.

“I was so excited to do my Kardashian look,” she said, visibly upset about the prospect of a group date.

Her concerns proved true when during the pool party, Iaconetti felt she was not getting her fair share of alone time with Soules.

“I am like in super-find-Chris mode,” she said. “Getting that alone time is going to be really important to me today.”

However, when Iaconetti finally found Soules, he was in the hot tub with Jillian Anderson, an aggressive contestant who refuses to give up her alone time with Soules.

“I feel pretty desperate,” Iaconetti said between sobs.

Luck turned around for Iaconetti later on in the day when Soules pulled her aside for some alone time on the terrace and apologized for the uncomfortable hot tub incident before. His apology worked — the pair’s kiss was so passionate they almost fell off the picturesque balcony.

“Kissing was really, really good,” Iaconetti said. “I just wish my mouth wasn’t so dry and nervous.”

The confidence Iaconetti lost during the week, she felt was totally regained after their alone time, and she felt receiving a rose was a guarantee.

“It is just a matter of when I am called,” she said, even telling Soules that she appreciated her name being called toward the beginning of the rose ceremony.

Soules may not have taken that comment to heart, because during the rose ceremony name after name was called, but not Ianconetti’s. Only one rose remained.

“I thought it was almost a mean joke,” Iaconetti said. “I was like so confident, maybe my ego was too big.”

Thankfully for Iaconetti, the final rose belonged to her and she secured one more week with Soules.