University Politics

Vice Chancellor and Provost Search Committee seeks community input

The Vice Chancellor and Provost Search Committee at Syracuse University is taking steps to get community input for its search.

The committee is looking to get feedback on the possible challenges the next vice chancellor and provost will face, as well as what the SU community feels are the necessary skill sets for the next provost to possess, according to an email sent out Wednesday by the committee.

The input received will be used as the search plan and a description for the position are developed, according to the email.

The Vice Chancellor and Provost Search Committee has 14 members, including Student Association President Aysha Seedat.

Liz Liddy is currently serving as the interim vice chancellor and provost. She took over the role in January after Eric Spina, who had served as vice chancellor since 2006, announced he was stepping down from the position.

Chancellor Kent Syverud said at an April University Senate meeting that the search committee would start the majority of its work this fall.

The search committee is encouraging feedback to be submitted by Oct. 15. The committee has also set up two open forums, scheduled for Sept. 21 and Sept. 22, to allow input. Both forums are set to take place in Hendricks Chapel.