On campus

Falk announces new assistant dean Megan Myers

Megan Myers' tenure as assistant dean of advancement is set to begin on March 1. She will work closely with SU's Office of Advancement and External Affairs to lead the college's advancement efforts.

Megan Myers will begin serving as the new assistant dean of advancement at Syracuse University’s David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics in March, according to a Wednesday news release.

Myers will work closely with SU’s Office of Advancement and External Affairs to lead the college’s advancement efforts. She previously worked as the director of development for Falk College’s advancement team.

Myers will replace David Salanger, who is retiring in March after 18 years of working at Falk College. Salanger was involved in facilitating a donation from David B. Falk and Rhonda S. Falk that named the college in 2011. Salanger raised over $40 million in donations for Falk College and the university over his 20 years at SU, according to the release.

“I look forward to continuing to build upon the excellent work my predecessor Dave Salanger has already initiated for the college by further developing relationships with alumni, parents and friends of Syracuse University that create new opportunities for students and faculty,” Myers said in the release.

Myers also previously worked as a development associate in AEA, where she planned prospective donor development for the Forever Orange Campaign. She received a bachelor of arts in broadcast journalism and sociology from The Pennsylvania State University and, most recently, a master’s degree in public health from SU.

Myers will work closely with Falk College Dean Jeremy Jordan, who began his tenure in September 2023. Jordan said Myers has an “exceptional history” of success in alumni engagement with Falk College.

“From new signature programs to targeted student support funds, Megan’s contributions have meaningfully advanced this college,” Jordan said in the release. “I am confident that under her leadership we will continue to enrich the student experience.”

Myers’ tenure is set to begin on March 1.