Bacardi paty, dancing sorority moms

BACARDI PARTY

The old adage that ‘where the Bacardi is at is where the party’s at’ came true this past Friday at a party on Euclid Avenue that featured Bacardi products only – no beer.

‘This was specifically a no beer event,’ said Joe Jison, a junior hospital management major who threw the bash along with his roommates. ‘It was intense.’

To make up for the lack of beer, Jison said he and his roommates made a vat of punch, using Bacardi Superior to spike it. As the night went on and word spread of the event, herds of partiers made their way to the attic in which it was being held.

‘There were 80 people upstairs in the attic,’ Jison said. ‘And more throughout the house.’

Eventually the crowd began to spill outside, in a mass of 40 to 50 people waiting to enter the house.

‘Apparently there were a couple of basketball and football players waiting to get in,’ Jison said. ‘I heard the names Hakim Warrick and Josh Wright. But we weren’t letting anyone in. Just because they play sports doesn’t mean they get in.’

The crowd, Jison said, was hardly an angry one, though.

‘They were pretty patient,’ Jison said. ‘I just kept explaining to them that it’s not structurally safe up there (in the attic). You could have been on a boat and felt the same thing.’

At about 1:30 a.m., though, the police showed up in Jison’s yard because of the crowds. Jison lucked out, though, as the cops weren’t looking to break up the fun.

‘They didn’t come in,’ Jison said. ‘They didn’t even say anything to us.’

THIS AND THAT

When one local sorority planned its parents’ weekend for this past weekend, it didn’t plan on having a number of the mothers in attendance dance on top of the bar at Harry’s Bar on Saturday night. … A house on Ackerman Avenue threw a well-attended traffic light party on Friday night. … Maggie’s Tavern opened eight hours earlier on Saturday when a local fraternity threw an all-day drinking bash at the notoriously greek bar. The party went on for 12 hours, from 2 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Heard a funny story? Got a juicy tidbit? Drop us an e-mail: [email protected]