Vehicle flips, hits tree after colliding with another car off Euclid Avenue

Two cars collided on Euclid and Lancaster avenues early Friday morning, resulting in one of the cars flipping over and crashing into a tree.

A male driver was heading west in a black 2003 Chevy Trailblazer on Euclid when it collided with female driving a blue Honda Element heading south on Lancaster. Syracuse Police Department officers on the scene said they suspected one of the cars ran a red light before the accident occurred. The Chevy Trailblazer then flipped over, crashing into a tree in front a house on the 600 block of Euclid.

The SPD, Department of Public Safety and Syracuse Fire Department responded to the accident a little after 2 a.m. and immediately blocked off the 600 block of Euclid.

Neither person was injured. It is unclear whether the individuals involved were Syracuse University students.

A TNT Towing truck arrived on the scene a little before 3 a.m., police officers said, and towed the Element away about 10 minutes later. At 3:15 a.m., the tow truck began to flip the Trailblazer back over and load it onto the truck. It left the scene at 3:40 a.m.

Various debris remained on the street and sidewalk after the accident, including shattered glass and a broken bottle of alcohol.

SPD and DPS left the scene at around 3:45 a.m.