FB : Syracuse’s spring practices to remain closed

The majority of Syracuse’s spring practices will remain closed. The only open practices for the Orange the rest of the spring will be a practice in Rochester on April 7 and the Spring Game on April 21, SU athletics announced in a press release Monday.

Spring practices were ‘closed until further notice’ in a March 22 press release. Originally, 10 of SU’s 14 spring practices were scheduled to be open, along with the Spring Game, which culminates the spring practice session.

Now, one practice – held at Sahlen’s Stadium in Rochester, home of both a men’s and women’s professional soccer team – and the Spring Game will be the two opportunities to see the Orange this spring.

It’s the second straight year Syracuse will hold a practice in Rochester.

Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone said in the release that he wants to make sure his players have a true understanding of the changes made within the team, without any outside distractions.

‘I did not want someone to come in and give a false impression of who we are going to be to everyone on the outside,’ he said. ‘It has been a very good spring for us. I am extremely happy with the direction we are going.’

Syracuse has seven practices remaining before the Spring Game in the Carrier Dome, which is less than three weeks away.