From the Stage

Blues artist Gabe Stillman to perform at Funk N’ Waffles next Tuesday

The Daily Orange file photo

This is just the first of 14 more live music events set for the month of September.

Like many of the concert halls in the Central New York area since June, Funk ‘n Waffles — the Clinton Street restaurant known for its chicken, waffles and live music — has returned to regularly hosting live performances.

On Tuesday at 8 p.m., the Gabe Stillman Band will perform at the eatery for the first time. The band, led by blues artist Gabe Stillman, is touring for Stillman’s latest record, “Just Say the Word.” The Berklee College of Music graduate formed his band in 2015, shortly after graduating from the music school. His latest record features 15 songs, including 13 original songs and two covers.

“Gabe is somebody who has it all,” producer Anson Funderburgh said in a press release. “His songs move me; he has a way with words. He is an amazing singer, a great songwriter and a wonderful musician.”

Tickets for the concert cost $20 and are available on Stillman’s and Funk ‘n Waffles’ websites.

The restaurant and concert space has 13 more events lined up for September including a poetry jam and live DJ on Thursday event and a comedy night on Sept. 30. Also, pop band Organ Transplant performs on Saturday, while New Jersey-based band Dogs in a Pile come through Funk N’ Waffles on Sept. 18. For more information on showtimes and where to purchase tickets, visit the restaurant’s website.