university union

University Union to host 14 movie screenings during spring semester

Courtesy of University Union

UU's spring 2022 screenings will feature “Dear Evan Hansen,” “Dune,” “No Time To Die,” “Eternals,” “King Richard,” “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” “House of Gucci,” “Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City,” “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” “Encanto,” “The 355,” “The Matrix Resurrections,” “Scream" and “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” on April 29 and 30.

University Union will host 14 movie screenings during the spring 2022 semester, the organization announced in a press release on Wednesday. In collaboration with Orange After Dark, UU will host the screenings free of charge for all Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF students, faculty and staff. They will take place at 9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday in HBC Gifford Auditorium.

UU will start the screenings on Jan. 21 and 22 with “Dear Evan Hansen,” a film about a high-school student who tries to find his way through the chaotic social media age. The following weekend, UU will screen “Dune,” a sci-fi thriller that follows the adventures of Paul Atreides — played by Timothée Chalamet — as he travels to the most dangerous planet in the universe to maintain future generations of his people.

Following “Dune,” UU will present “No Time To Die,” “Eternals,” “King Richard,” “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” “House of Gucci” and “Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City.”

After a one-week hiatus during spring break, the movies will continue with “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” “Encanto,” “The 355,” “The Matrix Resurrections” and “Scream.” The last movie of the semester will be “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” on April 29 and 30.

UU will be following and enforcing SU’s COVID-19 guidelines, including its masking policy, at all screenings, according to the press release.

For any questions or to request accommodations, contact UU Vice President Molly Gross at [email protected] one week prior to screenings, UU said in the press release, and for more information, contact UU Public Relations Director Samantha Goldstein at [email protected].