University Union

UU: University Union announces fall Bandersnatch

Courtesy of University Union

Bandersnatch will feature two duo groups, Emotional Oranges and Tommy Lefroy, as well as student band Froggies as the opening act.

To support student journalism and the content you love, become a member of The Daily Orange today.

University Union’s Bandersnatch concert will feature headliner Emotional Oranges with support from Tommy Lefroy and Froggies.

The concert, which will be on Oct. 21 in Goldstein Auditorium, costs $5 and is open to Syracuse University and SUNY ESF students. Tickets can be purchased on the box office website. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m.

The LA-based R&B-Pop duo Emotional Oranges comes to Syracuse hot off the trail of their recent success at Coachella and an international tour. Praised by music gurus such as MTV, Hypebeast and Fader, the anonymous duo brings futuristic and experimental energy to R&B. The group has earned over 300 million streams on Spotify for their songs like “Motion” and “Personal.”

The Emotional Oranges will be supported by a fellow musical duo, Tommy Lefroy, who also fearlessly experiments and breaks boundaries with their music. Artists Winter Bethel and Tessa Mouzourakis created Tommy Lefroy after they became fed up with the narrative that only men can be heartbreakers.

Pulling their namesake from Jane Austen’s real-life Mr. Darcy, the duo relies on their literary and lyrical precision. Their first single, “Northern Towns,” released in 2021, and their highly-praised debut album, “Flight Risk” earned them a fanbase of over one million monthly Spotify listeners.

Froggies, which is comprised of María Nido, Corey Chun, Sam Parrish, Sam Ronan and
Grady Collingbourne, will open for the two other acts. The pop-funk rock band is a staple in the Syracuse house show scene, having played at Redgate, the Harrington and the Westcott Theater.