Women's Lacrosse

5 Syracuse players earn Inside Lacrosse preseason All-American honors

Nick Luttrell | Contributing Photographer

Meaghan Tyrrell earned Inside Lacrosse first team preseason honors.

Five Syracuse women’s lacrosse players were named to Inside Lacrosse’s Preseason All-America Team announced on Friday. 

Meaghan Tyrrell, who was named the USA Lacrosse Magazine Division I Women’s Preseason Player of the Year a few weeks prior, holds a spot on the first team. Her sister, Emma Tyrrell, was selected to the second team and Kate Mashewske placed in the third team. 

Megan Carney and Katie Goodale were named to the honorable mention honorees. 

Last season, Meaghan finished as a Tewaaraton Award finalist — given to the best lacrosse player in the nation and eclipsed 200 career goals. Her total of 78 goals was just one shy of tying her coach, Kayla Treanor, for a program single-season record. 

Ruled out for the season after suffering a lower-leg injury in practice during her junior year, Emma returns to Syracuse after placing on the Tewaaraton Award Watch List and earning All-ACC First Team honors last year. She started in all 12 games before her injury. 

Mashewske was an Inside Lacrosse second team All-American honoree in 2021-22. The draw-control specialist produced a career-high 178 draw controls to rank third on Syracuse’s single-season record list. Mashewske started all 21 games for the Orange. 

Carney missed five games due to injury but still totaled 48 points with 31 goals. Goodale, the only defender in this list, led Syracuse with 28 caused turnovers — a career-high — and finished as an Inside Lacrosse All-America honorable mention honoree.